This Montessori gold bead set includes
1) 1 thousand cube
2) 9 hundreds
3) 9 tens bars
4) 20 units (you only need 9 units for work. the rest are for spare)
5) a base for 9 units (It only have 9 holes not 10 holes. When there is 10 units. those units need to exchange to ten bead bar)
6) FREE worksheets for place value (digital copy)
This Montessori math set is good for addition, subtraction, multiplication and division without CARRY or BORROW needed. This material provides the visual experience of Math.
This Montessori material is used to introduce thousand, hundred, tens and units.
With this Montessori material, a child won’t get confuse with a long number
For example ,
number : 1432
Some children say that’s 1,4,3,2
but it is 1 thousands 4 hundreds 3 tens and 2 units
It is one of my favourite Montessori material. We use this Montessori material for kindergarten, grade 1, grade 2 and grade 3. It is a valuable materials as you can use for a long time. We use it for the introduction of 1, 10, 100, 1000, addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
***This Montessori material is very easy to understand and use. Give it a try and you will be surprise that 4 digits addition, subtraction , multiplication, division are so easy! ******
Introduction of quality
With this concrete Montessori material, it gives children the visual experience of thousand, hundred, tens and unit.
A child knows that thousand is more than hundred by looking at the size
– introduce the child to the concept of the decimal system.
– make the child familiar with the names and relative sizes of the categories
– help the child with the difference in bulk between e.g. 6 units and 6 thousands.
Introduction of symbols
Children match the beads materials to the corresponding number cards.
acquaint the child with the written symbols for the quantities/categories of the decimal system.
Addition with decimal system. With this material, children move the two groups of beads together. They do the addition by combining the beads, not just learning the symbol of + on paper
– give the impression of the nature of addition, that is of two or more small numbers coming together to form one larger number.
Subtraction with decimal system.